zondag 23 oktober 2016

¡Urban Jungle Bloggers: Plant Still Life “Desert”!


I am always looking forward to make my Urban Jungle Bloggers post. It always means buying some new plants and some re-styling at home. But this month it took me a while untill I was inspired by this months theme Plant Still Life "Desert". The fist thing which came to my mind when I read about this the a were cacti, the only plants I really don't like...



Luckily I discovered this beautiful Mikado plant and a succulent at Urban Jungle heaven: Groene Vingers Delft. But still the inspiration for the still life wouldn't come.. Funny if you know that my home is painted in sandy white tones.



Creativity means looking at things in a different way and sometimes it's just before your eyes. When I saw Floortje Dessing travelling to Syria to visit Palmyra, suddenly my inspiration was found.



On my travels to Morocco, Jordan and Syria, I visited some beautiful deserts. I also went to Palmyra, which is in the middle of the dessert and bought there my beautiful hand carved coffee can. It's always in my kitchen and reminds me of the hospitality and lots of dates which I saw there. So I added some Morrocan souvenirs and even found my hand braided camel, which I bought somewhere en route through Morocco, and there is my Desert Still Life! This Still Life makes me feeling like traveling to the desert again, so Morocco is on my travel wishlist again.




The Urban Jungle Bloggers (a great initiative by Igor and Judith) is all about more green at home and enjoying the beauty of plants. Urban Jungle Bloggers from all around the world share ideas to create an Urban Jungle through styling ideas, DIY and green tips & tricks.

Foto's
¡Muy Bien!


Iedere maand kijk ik er weer naar uit om mijn Urban Jungle Bloggers post te maken. Dat betekent namelijk ieder maand wat nieuwe planten kopen en een stukje van mijn huis restylen. Maar deze maand kostte me het een tijdje voor ik geïnspireerd werd door het thema van deze maand: Plant Still Life "Desert". Het enige dat steeds bij me opkwam als ik aan het thema dacht waren cactussen en als er een plant is waar ik echt helemaal niets mee heb.... Gelukkig vond ik een prachtig Mikado plantje bij Urban Jungle heaven: Groene VingersDelft. Maar nog steeds wilde de inspiratie voor het stil leven maar niet komen... Grappig als je weet dat mij huis geschilderd is in zandwitten. Creativiteit betekent op een aandreef manier ergens naar kijken en soms is die inspiratie recht voor je neus. Toen ik de documentaire van Floortje Dessing naar Syrië zag, begin de inspiratie ineens te borrelen. Op mijn reizen naar Marokko, Jordanië en Syrië, bezocht ik prachtige woestijnen. Net als Floortje was ik in Palmyra, een stad die midden in de woestijn ligt en daar kocht ik min prachtige handversierde koffiekan. De kan staat in mijn keuken en altijd als ik de kan zie, moet ik denken aan de enorme gastvrijheid van de mensen in Palmyra en alle dadels die ik er at. Wat Marokkaanse souvenirs en mijn handgevlochten kameel, die ik ergens onderweg in Marokko kocht, en daar was het Desert Still Life! Als ik dit stilleven zie wil ik weer heel graag een reisje naar de woestijn maken, dus Marokko staat alweer op mijn reis wishlist!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten